The Nottinghamshire Philatelic Society is comprised of a group of people interested in studying the many branches of philately. We are affiliated to ABPS and The Midland Philatelic Federation. We usually hold our meetings on Friday evenings in Central Nottingham at The Nottingham Society of Artists' Upstairs Gallery, 71 Friar Lane. In the winter months (November to April) we have two meetings per month and in the summer months (May to October) one per month, but please check the dates and details on our meetings schedule page.
Meetings commence at 7.15 pm. Street parking is charged at £2 from 7pm. Visitors are welcome and there is no visitors' fee charged. Unfortunately, there is a steep staircase at Friar Lane; however, the Greater Nottingham Co-operative Philatelic Society and Radcliffe Philatelic Society meet in rooms which have access for wheel chairs.
Philatelic activities in the Nottingham Area include:
• Meetings : The calendar of The Nottinghamshire Philatelic Society.
• An opportunity to meet and discuss the hobby with fellow collectors.
• Newsletter : a quarterly publication of members' contributions
• Circuit Packets: members can buy and sell philatelic items.
• Recent Competition results and membership details.
• Contacts for other philatelic societies and dealers are shown in Links
• AUCTION CANCELLED: there will not be an auction in 2019. The next auction is planned to be in March 2020.
Photographs taken by Maria Hall at the Society Rancliffe Arms Dinner on 18 April 2018 can be viewed here.
Members' news and meeting reports can be found on the web site pages.
We have an archive of our Newsletters published over a ten year period.
The Society has formed a friendship with two philatelic societies in New Zealand.
The North Shore Philatelic Society ln Auckland
and the Waikato Philatelic Society in Hamilton.
Dates of stamp fairs and shows, some internet sites of interest
and the latest news of Royal Mail's new stamps can be accessed from our links
We extend a warm welcome to visitors and new members, so if you are interested in our philatelic society,
please come along to one of our meetings and meet us,
contact us by telephone (0115 923 3858), or send an email using this linkage: